These Terms of Service set forth the Terms of Service for providing the Services (as defined below), and the rights and obligations between the Team and registered users of the Services. You must read and agree to the entire Terms of Service before using the Services.
Article 1 Applicability
1. The purpose of these Terms of Service is to set forth the Terms of Service for providing the Services and the rights and obligations between the Team and the Registered Users (as defined below), and these Terms of Service shall apply to all aspects of the relationship between you and the Team in connection with the Services.
2. Any rules for use of the Services posted on our website (the “Rules”) shall constitute an integral part of these Terms of Service.
3. If there is any conflict between these Terms of Service and the Rules or any other description of the Services not provided for herein, these Terms of Service will prevail.
Article 2 Definitions
For purposes of these Terms of Service, the following terms have the following meanings.
(1) ”Service Agreement” means not only these Terms of Service but also any other agreements relating to the Services to be executed between the Team and the Registered User.
(2)“IP Rights” means copyrights, patents, trade marks, utility rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights (including rights to obtain or to apply for registration of such rights).
(3)“Posted Data” means any content, including but not limited to text, images, animation and other data, that is posted or otherwise transmitted by the Registered User hereunder.
(4)“the Team” means Tralocal team.
(5)“Website” means such website as may be from time to time operated by the Team, whose domain name is (tralocal.jp) (or if such website’s domain name or content has been modified for any reasons, such modified website).
(6)“Registered User” means any person or entity that has been registered as a user of the Services pursuant to Article 3 (Registration).
(7)“Services” means any and all services provided by the Team under the name Travelers and Locals Japan (or if such name or the content of such services has been modified for any reasons, such modified services).
Article 3 Registration
1. A person wishing to use the Services (a “Candidate”) may apply to the Team for registration to use the Services by agreeing to comply herewith and providing certain information as specified by the Team 8the “Registration Information”) in accordance with such manner as may be prescribed by the Team.
2. The Team shall determine whether to register a Candidate who made an application pursuant to the first paragraph of this Article 3 (an “Applicant”) in accordance with the Team’s criterion, and shall notify the Applicant of its approval, if the Team determines to do so. The Applicant’s registration as a Registered User shall be completed upon the notice by the Team pursuant to this paragraph.
3. Upon completion of the registration pursuant to the foregoing paragraph, the Service Agreement shall become effective between the Registered User and the Team, allowing the Registered User to use the Services pursuant to these Terms of Service.
4. The Team rejects registration from a person who is under the age of 18, or a high school student or younger.
5. The Team reserves the rights to refuse registration or re-registration of any Applicant without any obligation to disclose the reasons, in the event that:
(i) The Team determines that the person has no ability to communicate in English or the person, only for foreign Applicant, has no plan on visiting Japan;
(ii) Any or all of the Registration Information provided by the Applicant to the Team is found to be false, inaccurate or omitted;
(iii) The Applicant is a minor, adult ward, or person under curatorship or assistance, for which approval has not been obtained from such Applicant’s legal representative, guardian, curator or assistant;
(iv) The Applicant was determined by the Team to (a) constitute an organized crime group or a member thereof, rightist organization, anti-social force, or other similar person or entity (“Antisocial Force”), (b) have any interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, or (c) assist or be involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force by way of finance or other means;
(v) The Applicant was determined to have been in violation of any agreements with the Team, or to have involvement with an defaulting party of any such agreements;
(vi) The Applicant has suffered any of the measures under Article 9; or
(vii) In addition to the foregoing, the Team deems the registration inappropriate.
Article 4 Change to Registration Information
The Registered User shall promptly notify the Team of any change to the Registration Information in accordance with such manner as prescribed by the Team.
Article 5 User ID Management
1. The Registered User shall be responsible for keeping and maintaining its user ID for the Services in an appropriate manner, and may not cause a third party to use, or provide, transfer, change the name of, sell or otherwise dispose of, the same.
2. The Registered User shall be, and the Team shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of inappropriate management, misuse, or use of the Registered User’s user ID by a third party.
Article 6 Prohibited Actions
When using the Services hereunder, the Registered User may not conduct any of the following acts or any act that the Team determines falls under any of the following:
(1) acts that violate any laws or regulations or that are associated with criminal activity;
(2) acts that defraud or threaten the Team, other Registered Users or other third parties;
(3) acts against public order and good morals;
(4) acts that infringe any IP Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, reputation or other rights or profit of the Team, other Registered Users or other third parties;
(5) acts to transmit to other Registered Users, through the Services, any of the following or any transmissions that the Team determines includes under any of the following:
- violent or cruel content;
- computer viruses or other hazardous computer programs;
- content that damage the reputation or the credit of the Team, other users of the Services or other third parties;
- indecent content;
- content that encourages discrimination;
- content that encourages suicide of self-mutilation;
- content that encourages drug abuse;
- antisocial content;
- content for the purpose of disbursing information, such as chain mails;
- content that causes uncomfortable feelings to third parties;
- content for the purpose of encountering unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
(6) acts that place an excessive burden on the network or system of the Services;
(7) acts that threaten to interrupt the operation of the Services;
(8) acts to access or attempt to access the system or network of the Services improperly;
(9) acts to impersonate a third party;
(10) acts to use the use ID or password of other users of the Services;
(11) acts of exploitation, advertisement, soliciting or marketing without the Team’s prior consent;
(12) acts to transmit other user’s or third party’s personal information obtained from the Services such as email addresses, to others;
(13) acts to collect information of other users of the Services;
(14) acts that cause disadvantage, damage or uncomfortable feelings to other users of the Services or other third parties;
(15) acts that violate the Rules;
(16) acts to provide Antisocial Forces with profit;
(17) acts that are intended to encounter unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
(18) acts to engage in or solicit involvement in a pyramid scheme;
(19) acts to promote an election campaign or similar activity;
(20) acts to promote a religious activity or similar activity;
(21) acts to utilize the Service for commercial purpose without reporting to the Team;
(22) acts to use information the Team sends via email or any other information provided through the Service, other than the purpose to use the Service;
(23) acts that, directly or indirectly, evoke or facilitate acts listed in the preceding items; or
(24) other acts that the Team deems to be inappropriate.
Article 7 Suspension of the Services
1. The Team shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the Registered User, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, in the event that:
(i) Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for the Services needs to be performed due to urgent circumstances;
(ii) Computers or communication lines have been disrupted or damaged due to an accident;
(iii) The Team becomes unable to provide the Services due to force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disaster; or
(iv) The Team determines that suspension or discontinuance is required for other reasons.
2. Under no circumstances shall the Team be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of any measures taken by the Team pursuant to this Article 7.
Article 8 Ownership of Rights
1. Any and all IP Rights related to the Website and the Services are expressly reserved by the Team or the Team’s licensor. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the Registered User a license of the IP Rights owned by the Team or the Team’s licensor.
2. The Registered User hereby represents and warrants to the Team that it has lawful rights to post or otherwise transmit the Posted Data, and that the Posted Data so posted does not infringe any third party’s rights.
4. The Registered User hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights against the Team or any other person who succeeded to the same from the Team or a licensee thereof.
Article 9 Registration Cancellation
1. The Team may, without prior notice or demand, delete the Posted Data, or temporarily suspend the use by the Registered User of the Services, cancel the Registered User’s registration as such or terminate the Service Agreement, in the event of any of the following:
(i) The Registered User failed to comply with any of provisions hereof;
(ii) Any of the Registration Information is found to be false;
(iii) The Registered User under went payment suspension or became insolvent, or a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation or other similar procedure was filed against the Registered User;
(iv) The Registered User has not used the Services for 6 months or more;
(v) The Registered User has not responded to inquiries from the Team or other communications requiring its response for 30 days or more;
(vi) The Registered User falls under any of the subparagraphs of Article 3.4; or
(vii) In addition to the foregoing, if the Team determined that it is not inappropriate for the Registered User to use the Services, maintain its registration as a Registered User, or have the Service Agreement remain in effect.
2. If one or more of events specified above occurred, all amounts owed to the Team by the Registered User shall be automatically accelerated, and the Registered User shall immediately pay to the Team such amounts in full.
3. The Team shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Team pursuant to this Article 9.
Article 10 Withdrawal
1. The Registered User may withdraw from the Services and cancel its registration as a Registered User by giving notice to the Team to that effect and pursuant to such manner as specified by the Team.
2. Upon withdrawal, all amounts then due and payable from the Registered User, if any, shall be automatically accelerated, and the Registered User shall immediately pay to the Team such amounts in full.
3. Handling of user information after the withdrawal shall be subject to the provisions of Article 14.
Article 11 Services Modification and Termination
1. The Team shall be entitled to at any time modify or terminate the Services in its own discretion. The Team shall notify in advance the Registered User of any intended termination by the Team of the Services.
2. The Team shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Team pursuant to this Article 11.
Article 12 Disclaimer and Waiver of Warranties
1. The Team makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Services (including but not limited to any representation or warranty (ⅰ) of fitness or suitability for a particular purpose contemplated by the Registered User, (ⅱ) that the Services have expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, (ⅲ) that the use by the Registered User of the Services complies with the laws and regulations applicable to the Registered User or any internal rules established by industrial organizations, and (ⅳ) that the Services will be free of interruption or defects).
2. Under no circumstances shall the Team be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by the Team of the Services, cancellation or loss of messages or information transmitted by the Registered User to the Services, deletion of the registration of the Registered User, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services (“Damages”).
3. The Team shall not be liable for any amount exceeding the consideration paid by the Registered User to the Team for 5 thousands Japanese Yen. Under no circumstances shall the Team be liable for incidental, indirect, special, future damages and lost profits.
4. The Team shall not in any way be liable for transactions, communications or disputes arising between the Registered User and other Registered Users or a third party in connection with the Services or the Website.
Article 13 Confidentiality
The Registered User shall keep confidential any and all non-public information disclosed by the Team to the Registered User for which the Team has imposed on the Registered User a confidentiality obligation in connection with the Services, unless the Registered User has obtained prior written approval from the Team.
Article 14 Handling of User Information
2. The Team may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the Registered User to the Team as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the Registered User may not challenge or dispute such use.
3. The Registered User allows the Team to coordinate with external services such as social networking service, etc. while using the Service. The Team may, use said external service to verify the identity of the Registered User in order to prevent fraud usage.
Article 15 Amendments
The Team reserves the rights to amend or change these Terms of Service. In the event of any amendment or change to these Terms of Service, the Team shall notify the Registered User thereof. If the Registered User uses the Services, or fails to take steps to cancel its registration within the time specified by the Team after the notice set forth above, the Registered User shall be deemed to have agreed to such amendment or change to these Terms of Service.
Article 16 Notice
Any inquiries with respect to the Services or other communications or notices from the Registered User to the Team, or the notices concerning any amendment to these Terms of Service or other communications or notices from the Team to the Registered User shall be made in accordance with the procedures specified by the Team.
Article 17 Assignment
1. The Registered User shall not assign, transfer, grant security interests in or otherwise dispose of its status under the Service Agreement or its rights or obligations under these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of the Team.
2. In cases where the Team has assigned the business regarding the Services to a third party, the Team may, as part of such assignment, assign to such third party its status under the Service Agreement, its rights and obligations under these Terms of Service, and the Registration Information and other information relating to the Registered User, and the Registered User hereby agrees to such assignment in advance. For the purposes of this Article 17.2, the business assignment referred to above shall include, in addition to the usual form of business assignment, a split of the Team or any other form of restructuring of the Team that would result in a business transfer.
Article 18 Severability
If any provision of these Terms of Service or part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Law of Japan or other laws or regulations, the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 19 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the law of Japan. If there are sales of goods in the Services, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG) shall not apply.
2. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms of Service shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
These Terms of Service shall be executed in the Japanese language. Japanese shall be the governing language and any translation of these Terms of Service into any other language is for convenience of reference only. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Prescribed on September 1, 2013
Revised on September 1, 2017